Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Artist

It's quiet here in the house...really quiet. My dear husband has taken our teens for a morning outing, and I am not used to the silence. I thought about trying my hand at cart wheels or back flips, but, well... I am not sure if I did that I could reach the phone to call 911...ah well, just think I will enjoy the solitude and not try anything foolish!

Anyway, I will sit and work on some items and see how much I can get accomplished. I have my own little work area:



Here you can see me doing one of many steps to design my little friends. I enjoy each and every one- can't really complain that I dislike any of the process.I do have my favorite part though, and that would have to be the actual creating of the costumes they wear, and the painting of the faces. I have to often ponder to decide what mood I want the character to express, and that is fun for me!
/


Here I am with just a few of the many characters I have completed, and I hope to get even more done this Mother's Day weekend.

Take care everyone and have a happy Mother's Day, too!

No comments: