Friday, December 12, 2008

Fabric Scraps Are Flying


I can not go into a fabric store without buying something. It is like being in a bakery!


Ummm, ok, maybe not that tasty, but I sure do love looking at the styles and colors and envisioning what it could become!


I think one of the strangest things about having a business online is the randomness of sales. On second thought, brick and mortar stores probably say the same thing.!
After all.who knows what makes people decide to stampede to a shop and start fighting over the merchandise or grabbing things right and left and clamor for more one one day, then the next, crickets are heard?
I have a way of handling that... it is called my surf board theory...you get on and ride the wave of activity in your shop untill it ebbs away. Then, you wait for another wave to come along. It may be a big one, or it may be a puny one, but just the same, it is a wave....and any wave is better than no wave.... (Er, I think so anyway...I have never surfed a day in my life and do not plan to, so what do I know?)


At any rate, I am busy cutting and creating... and if you come to my house, just follow the trail of scraps of fabric that are all over the place. You will be sure to find me at the end of one of them. I try to keep things neat, but in a rush, I throw being a neatnik out the window.


I guess I had better get back to work now...I am starting to babble and I have to get some things done tonight or they won't get mailed off in the morning!

4 comments:

teastudio said...

Your wave analogy is a really good one! Lets hope we can all surf many more BIG ones in 2009!

Merry Christmas!
Diane :)

Chris said...

ROFL... is there such a thing as a neat freak crafter???
You may be found at the end of your scraps of fabric... and I at the end of the trail of paper scrapz glitter and bling...lol
Seems it's something we all have in commen when we get absorbed in what we are doing... I don't know how anyone can create something beautiful WITHOUT making a mess!!
Loving all of your new dolls hun they are absolutely adorable :D
hugs
Chris xx

LiPeony said...

The wave theory makes a lot of sense. Trail of scrap made me laugh a bit. Hope you're having a big wave!

Rika said...

Wonderful dolls,
you have a great blog!