Friday, March 6, 2009

Have You Ever Done This??




Ok, so I am not always graceful, nor do I remember what I am supposed to be doing when I walk into a room ....and yes, I am willing to admit I have gotten lazy at times and have done things which have made more work for someone else....I tsk myself for that...

For instance....have you ever:

1. Picked up some underwear at Wal-mart then decided while in the grocery section you didn't need them so you leave them hanging in the canned goods aisle? (Shame on me, I know!)

2. Eavesdropped on a conversation at a restaurant?

3. Put the peanut butter in the refrigerator and the salt in the freezer?

4. Picked the wrong book off the library shelf that sends a bunch falling off the other side?

5. Talked real loud to your sister (or friend) while you are in a public restroom only to find out she's not there but a line of waiting people are?

6. Rushed to a dentist or doctor's appointement, sat in the office for a while, only to find out you are there on the wrong day?

7. Sat on the end of your sister's ribbon belt so that when she went up to the platform to play a piano piece, it unraveled all the way up there?

8. Forgot to put sugar in a sour berry pie and then shrug when someone asks who brought that horrible pie?

9. Gotten into the wrong car at a parking lot and tried to start it only to realize it isn't your car?

10. Put things into the wrong grocery cart and start to roll away with someone else's goods?

11. Spent the day at a big get together only to realize too late you had a huge rip or stain on your seat where you couldn't see it?

12. Asked the woman next to you when her baby is due only to find out she's not expecting?

13. Asked a lady you met if the girl next to her is her daughter only to find out it is her sister?

14. Woke up in the middle of the night to a terrible grating sound, only to realize it is you- snoring?

15. Looked like you just won a big slob contest while making a quick run to the grocery store only to see someone you know really well, so you hide yourself until you think they are gone, only to run into them at the check out?

Yes, all the things above are just a small sampling of things I admit to..there are many more, but I can't write a novel right now so a few will do.

It just goes to show you, we are all human and some of the things we do are silly or amusing.... or maybe not so amusing..but at any rate, I like knowing that goofiness happens to everyone -it's what makes us laugh at ourselves, even if no one else does, and maybe learn a lesson or two along the way!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Aww!! Hehe! I needed this. I'm having a bad Aspergers day (huge social flub yesterday, I'll spare you the horrifying gory details), so it's good to remember that *everyone* does things sometimes.

Though I will share with you that I once made some interesting lemon *thing* for Easter one year. Took us forever to figure out what I did wrong. No one ate it.

Kristen H said...

Too funny!
I do stuff like this all the time. I started a new blog of just the funny/dark side of my life. I love your blog!!!
You always make me laugh.

Beadin By The Sea said...

Ha, you didn't!! Of course I've done some pretty dumb things. What's important is that we can still laugh about it afterwards. Great post!

Sidewing Creations said...

I had a 50th birthday party for my husband. I decided to do it up right with invitations, decorations, the works. I sent 2 invitations in the wrong envelopes and 2 invitations to the same address. Luckily, everyone knew each other and worked it out amongst themselves. I just had to smile, take the teasing and be grateful it wasn't worse!! LOL!