Thursday, September 17, 2009

Getting in the Holiday Spirit Already?

I hate it when stores start setting their holiday merchandise out months before the holday happens..you know what I mean- They put Valentine's day stuff out right after Christmas, Christmas stuff start showing up in September of all things....Mother's day cards show up in early April...it's ridiculous really.

We all know why they do it, they want to push the consumer to start getting ideas in their head that the holday will be upon them soon and so they'd better get their stuff now before the pickins are slim-but when things are that far off, it is hard for me to get in the mood for certain holidays.

Therefore I don't know why but when I sat down to create today, I found myself snipping and sewing and gluing...and this is what I ended up with...




No Christmas music was playing in the background, the weather here in Illinois is close to 80 degrees, and Christmas was not in my thinking! I have no idea sometimes when I sit down what I will be making, but that is part of the fun I guess.

Anyway, I have decided to dub my creation "Mary Christmas"....and hopefully she will not be the last in my designs for the upcoming holidays!

No comments: