Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Susan Boyle

How I loved watching Susan Boyle on You Tube...I bet my husband and I have watched that video at least 50 or more times... I think it is fascinating how confident she was in front of the somewhat scary Simon Cowell - she didn't seem a bit intimidated!

I told my husband what no one would come out and say was because she was not considered beautiful by worldly standards, and was older to boot, well, she couldn't have been any good could she? I cheered for her over and over when I heard her sing... In fact, I even got teary eyed- why? Because she was showing everyone that beauty comes in different packages, and not to judge something because it isn't carried in a pretty and sparkling package.

In honor of Susan, I creatd my own Susan Boyle character miniature. I had a lot of fun making her, and I hope you enjoy her!



P.S. If you haven't heard Paul Potts on Britain's Got Talent, you really should watch it on You Tube.It is very touching too, much a story like Susan Boyle, only I believe Paul was much less sure of himself on stage than Susan!

9 comments:

Marg Hamilton said...

Agree whole heartedly!

moti said...

Hi, what a nice idea!!!!!!, love her!!!!, great!!!
regards

Eli

Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie, I just saw the feature article about you in Creative Times. Congrats and great job!! :)

Anni Jones Photography said...

Debbie,
This just makes me grin from ear to ear. The story and the wonderful doll you created!!
:) Anni

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I so agree. She is just such a lovely person and her voice is beautiful. Real beauty rarely comes in a sparkly package sad enough. Real beauty is from the heart. Love your doll. Hugs, Marty

Living said...

hah! Wow. This even does look like her.
Was wondering if I could put this on fluffybricks?

Uneekdolldesigns said...

Thank you all fo ryou r kind comments!

Ashley Pomeroy said...

Blimey, it's in the news over here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/susan-boyle/5339929/Susan-Boyle-dolls-for-sale-on-internet.html

My Art Garden said...

did you see all the press about it :

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6154862