Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fall is Coming!


Can you believe it? Fall is not far off. I can't believe how fast the summer has gone either....


Our family of 6 had to move last year to Illinois due to a job change. I have to confess, it has been a little hard for me to make the change. Why? Well, without giving away my age, (ha, ha)

I lived in Indiana all of my life. That is where all the trees were, my other family, members, my friends, and we lived in a suburb area where there was every kind of shop and other things within easy, fast driving distance.


Now we live in a very small town, it has two small restaurants, a small , small grocery store, and a small post office the size of my walk in closet, give or take a few feet. The nearest bigger city is a good 20 minutes away, and we live in an upcoming neighborhood that is surrounded on almost all sides by corn and fields. Very different for me, I do say. I am trying to like it, but secretly I pine for living where there are a few trees in the yard, a hill or two, however small....and some bigger stores nearby that don't take forever to drive to. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that we have it as good as we do, but boy, do I hate change sometimes!


I guess that is why in the evenings when things are quiet, I settle to do my art work. It passes the time in a good way. I enjoy handling the fabrics, putting together an idea, and seeing it take shape. I have some ideas on the back burner, but would welcome some more on my ever growing list. Feel free to mention your ideas if you like!

No comments: