Thursday, September 11, 2008

Staying on Task


Ok, I admit it, I have a hard time staying on task for a long period of time until it's done. So, I am sometimes actually surprised when I finish an art project. ...


I don't know why I am like this...but haven't you ever been working on something that needs to be done, and done well, and suddenly in the middle of it you think..."I am tired of this, I want to quit and do something else.."? Ok, so I am perhaps the only one, (smile) but I doubt it!


What to do? My cure is to walk away from something I have been working on and am getting tired of , and just go do whatever calls me...a book I haven't touched for a few days, eating a cupcake that has been calling out to me (fitness gurus would tsk me on that one!), laundry that is mocking me every time I walk by it, and sometimes just going outside and sitting on the steps-soaking the sunshine. Or, my favorite, going out and getting a few new and exciting supplies to jumpstart my creative juices! Oh yeah, I also get on my bike and peddle madly throughout the town until I start feeling I have burned off the calories from the chocolate cupcake I succumbed to!


Whenever that happens, and to all of us it does, have a list of things that you can do that will get you away from the work table, (or whatever it is you are disillusioned with), so you can energize yourself and be all the better for the dry spell that you run into. Don't drive yourself to do artwork when your heart isn't in it, you just won't do your best. I guess the same could be said for a lot of other things too, but I do add that sometimes you can't walk away from just anything..(There is something to be said for stick-to-itiveness).


Now, I am running a dry spell with my blog today, better go do something else........

No comments: