Saturday, October 4, 2008

Affordable and Adorable

So you say you are on a tight budget, and aren't we all? What do you do when you have a gazillion people on your list to buy gifts for, but you don't have a lot of cash to spend? You need to go check out PiecesofMePendants :



http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5810652






Who couldn't use a lovely pendant for a one of a kind necklace, bracelet, or even an earring set?

To find out a bit more about the artist behind these designs, let's listen to Lisa in her own words:



"My name is Lisa and I live in London, Ontario, Canada, which is located about 2 hours from Detroit. For the past 10 years I’ve been doing accounting, which usually is among the least creative things one can do and decided I wanted, no, needed a change.



I’ve been doing a variety of crafts just for fun since I was a little girl and have always enjoyed the creativity involved.A bit of creative inspiration got me working with scrabble tile pendants. I find creative energy and inspiration in many of the things around me.



Some of my pendants use high quality chiyogami and other art papers and I simply see a finished design in my head when I’m out looking for new supplies. Others are my own designs. These designs are mostly experimentation; I start out with a rough idea and play with it until I have something I like. Often they’re simply a result of how I’m feeling at the time.



I often listen to music while creating and I think I frequently draw inspiration from the lyrics and melody of song, which influences the design. I also have a new pendant designer who is also an Etsian that I work closely with in ideas and design, she is amazing.



I have a home studio that I work out of .I love old movies and vintage/antique things. I like the history of things, knowing that they had a history before me and wonder who owned them and what they’re story is. I love that my pendants are part of that now. I’ve sold pendants all over the planet and love the idea that someone in Australia or Russia or Sweden, or Idaho is wearing one of my creations."








If you have a moment to spare, you should go visit Lisa and see if you can find something that catches your eye. I would be willing to bet you can't get away from her shop without finding several items, if not more, that will be just the ticket for someone on your list...maybe even for you!

No comments: