Friday, October 31, 2008

Billie Holiday- Hot Off the Design Table!

I always enjoy designing a character I haven't done before. I had someone ask me recently if I have ever done a Billie Holiday, the soulful jazz singer from the 1950's.



So.....I got to work, and here she is! She stands a mere 4 an 3/4 inches tall, and you know what? I sort of wish I had a dress like hers! (I love the dresses from the 1950's, and 1940's also!) Maybe that is why I like the old television series" I love Lucy" so much...Lucy wore the neatest dresses. ( I can't imagine doing laundry in them though...)

1 comment:

Chris said...

FABULOUS!! you are soooo talented :D
Loving the dress and like yourself I adore the fashions of the 40's and 50's... and I 'loved Lucy' too...lol
Thanks for the trip down memory lane :D
hugs
Chris xx